Your browser does not support iframes.
IIFT 2020 Exam Day and Last Minute Tips: As the calendar will soon flip to December 1, 2019, the aspirants of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade are gearing up for the last minute preparation for the entrance exam. By now, candidates must have been fully prepared for the test. At this stage, the focus should be on finalising the exam taking strategy and then ticking off the To Do list for the main day. With just a day left for IIFT, Careers360 brings pointers which must be your focus on the test day.
Latest: [Download free Question Papers and Sample Paper of IIFT, Click here]
Along with the last minute preparations, test takers must take care of the practical aspects of the test as well, such as how to manage the time, how to start with the test etc. Let us start with the Dos of IIFT 2020 on exam day.
Latest : IIFT 2020 Question Paper has been released. IIFT 2020 result to be declared anytime soon.
Download Free Sample Paper for IIFT
IIFT is a computer based test consisting of six sections namely Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability. The below-given points will guide the candidates on the things to do at the time of the test.
1. Start with your strong areas: Unlike CAT, test takers do not have the compulsion to start the test with Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation section. They can start with the section or question of your choice. One can even move to and fro between two sections as there is no section specific duration. Shivank Goyal, IIFT topper with 99.94 percentile shares, "My strong areas were Verbal and LRDI. I was weak in the quant section. I used to solve as many questions I could for quant. I had taken the IMS test series which helped me identify the areas in quant in which I was performing decently, therefore I focused on them so that I do not leave any chance of scoring in these areas. Also, I developed a basic understanding of all the topics in quant so that I do not leave sitters of other areas."
2. Check and attempt easy questions first: It is always recommended that you start with the questions you are sure about answering. Selecting the right questions before starting the section not only saves time but also boosts confidence at the time of the test. Mark the questions you would like to attempt before starting the test. Ensure that you mark those questions which you are confident of completing successfully. Once the easy questions are answered proceed to the tricky ones. "My strategy was mostly based on the weightage of a particular section and my proficiency in that domain. Based on my performance in mocks and knowing my strengths, I prepared a specific strategy and followed the same during the exam," mentions Manan Shah, 99.94 percentiler in IIFT.
3. Keep track of time: Time is a crucial factor; if wasted, can result in bad scores. You must assign each question a duration, so as you are not stuck with one problem for long. In the long run, this will save time for revision. Chandan Ram, who cracked IIFT 2019 with 99.98 percentile shares, "About managing time, I just solved 10-12 questions from each section and tried to attempt as many easy and small questions as possible.if I found a question easy but lengthy then I used to mark that question and came to that after going through the whole paper."
4. Do not get stuck with questions: Avoid questions that take extra minutes from your time. There might be some questions that would make you feel stuck. Either they would be calculation intensive, or you would not find out a way to proceed with the problem. The key is to not get stuck in such questions, move forward, and save time for the rest of the test. Sharing his time management strategy, Abhas Vijayavargiya, 99.98 percentiler in IIFT entrance exam says, "I started with VARC and gave around 25 minutes to it. Then, I moved to Quant section and gave around 45 minutes to it. After that, 10 minutes for GK section and towards the end, I moved to LRDI section to complete my exam."
Other than the revisions and practice for the test, candidates must also focus on the practical aspects of IIFT such as carrying the important documents at the IIFT exam centre, reporting time of the test to name a few. Few reminders for the D-Day are:
1. Check Exam Centre and Reporting Time: The details about the exam time and venue are provided in the IIFT 2020 Admit Card. Candidates must check the reporting time and reach at the allotted test centre before the schedule to avoid the last minute rush. Candidates who reach the centre late will not be allowed to appear in the test, hence they must leave for the destination on time. The test is scheduled from 10 am to 12 noon and the reporting time at the test centre is 9 am, i.e. one hour prior to the test. Late entrants will not be allowed to enter the test centre after 10 am. It is better to be sure about the test centre location well in advance so that candidates have an idea of the travel time.
2. Double check the Admit Card: Failing to present the IIFT 2020 admit card at the test centre would result into the cancellation of candidature. This is the most important document to be taken at the centre. You must read all the details and instructions provided on it and follow the same strictly. Along with the Admit Card, test takers also have to carry any one of your identity proofs as listed below:
2. Election I-Card
3. College I-Card
4. Driving License
5. PAN Card
3. Bring your stationery items along: IIFT is a paper pencil based test and for that, candidates have to bring their stationery items. Candidates are allowed to carry pencil, sharpener, eraser and ballpoint pen. Apart from that, they are not allowed to bring any other personal item such as books, notebooks, mobile phones, calculators etc.
4. Stay Calm and Relaxed: Besides the documents and stationary to be taken care of, one must also take care that you are relaxed and not nervous about the test. It is important for a candidate to stay calm and confident as nervousness can lead to silly mistakes. So be confident about your preparations and hard work and attempt the test with a composed mind.
IIFT 2021 will be held in the first week of December 2020 through online CBT mode. IIFT is a nati...
IIFT 2021 Result - NTA will declare the result of IIFT 2021 tentatively in the third week of Dece...
IIFT 2021 Result - Not shortlisted by IIFT for the GD, PI and Essay Writing round for the MBA (IB...
How to prepare for IIFT 2021 - Get all the detailed information on how to prepare for IIFT 2021. ...
Best study material for IIFT 2021 preparation - Know the preparation material and books for IIFT ...
You need atleast more than 105+ marks to get a good percentile and almost 138 to secure a call from any good college taking part in IIFT entrance test.you will have around 40 percentile according to previous year trends which is very low.
I hope it helps.
These are some of the best books
Books by Arun Sharma (TMH) and by Nishant Sinha (Pearson)
Hope this helps
Your IIFT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile