Executive MBA - Top 10 Advantages why you should pursue it
After reaching the mid-level of career, professionals often feel a void or lack of opportunities to boost their career. Those who have completed more than 3 years in a particular field often get stuck in a particular role owing to lack of managerial degree and experience. At this stage, professionals often contemplate going for Executive MBA.
If you are in doubt or in two minds on whether to take the admission in a coveted B-School offering Executive MBA programmes, here we list to you 10 reasons why you should go for it. After going through the list, you would have reasons enough to stick by your decision to go for Executive MBA.
Click Here to Enroll Complete GMAT Online Test Series to get admission in Various Indian and International Management Institutes or call 011-40360360 to talk expert counsellors.
Enhance your leadership potential – If you are already working in a managerial role, it is time to set foot in the sphere of leadership. In order to improve your knowledge on various areas which you come across during all in a day’s work such as Finance, Marketing, Business Policy, Accounting to name a few.
2. Move up the corporate ladder – It often happens that after certain years of work experience, there is hardly any growth prospect in the company or in the function. In such a situation, going for an Executive MBA can give you the much required lift in career which will help you move up the corporate ladder. With new skill set and knowledge, you will be able to claim bigger responsibilities and roles that will be beyond your existing profile.
3. Gateway to change career path – Professionals from non-managerial or leadership role often realize their leadership potential after a couple of years of working in a particular field. Sometimes they also feel that their current profile does not suit their career goal. Pursuing Executive MBA is the gateway to shift the career path. Executive MBA is also a good idea for Entrepreneurial enthusiasts who wish to begin their venture with management skills.
4. Networking – The Executive MBA classrooms are a diverse pool of students, rather professionals from vast profiles, functions and sectors. Needless to say, this offers a massive opportunity of networking, interaction and learning. Moreover, since the guest faculty members are from the industry and from the corporate lineage, the students get the chance to enrich their contacts which they can explore towards seeking advice and developing their business.
5. Convenient admission process and programme timeline –Unlike the 2 year MBA admission process, for which you have to take the highly competitive entrance exams like CAT, XAT etc. followed by another round of rigorous selection process including WAT/GD and PI, the admission process for the Executive MBA is much simpler. The admission takes place mainly through GMAT scores which are valid for 3 to 4 years. Although some B-schools accept CAT scores as well, but the validity is also for more than a year. The timeline for admission and course commencement is round the year, making the admission process convenient and flexible.
6. Flexible mode of study – The duration and mode of the study for Executive MBA varies from B-School to B-School. The modes can be classified as Full Time and Part Time. The duration also varies from 1 year to 3 years, depending on the mode. The Part Time Executive MBA classes are mostly conducted in the weekends. The other mode of course delivery is through online and video lectures in which case the students have to visit the campus once a term. The working executives have a lot to pick and choose from based on their convenience and commitment.
7. Saves a year – The full time MBA, which is generally pursued by candidates after graduation and a couple of years’ work experience takes 2 years’ time. In comparison to the 2 year full-time MBA, Executive MBA is definitely a time saver. The1-year Executive MBA programmes facilitates students to join their work without any long gap. Further, the Part-Time MBA students, who are already working do not have to take sabbatical or break from work which is another big advantage. Owing to the flexible duration, the students are expected to grasp the curriculum in a shorter span of time. Those who are opting for the Part Time need to balance their work and studies in order to complete the programme successfully.
8. Advanced curriculum and specializations – As the programme is meant for working Executives having around 5 years of work experience, it is needless to say that the curriculum would not be the same as that of the 2 year full time MBA or PGDM. It is meant to match the skills required for the senior management level. The specializations are also advanced and industry oriented.
9. Exposure – Apart from the regular classes and lectures, Executive MBA programmes offer exposure in various aspects to augment the learning and add value to the course. It can be either in the form of exposure to industry through industry visits, practical application of theory and projects, international exposure in the form of exchange programmes or international projects or it can be through the rural immersion programmes. The top B-schools offering full time Executive MBA programmes provide such opportunities to the students which is much beyond the class room learning.
10. Company sponsorship eases burden – The fee for the full time Executive MBA programme ranges from Rs. 14 lakh to Rs. 24 lakh and for the Part Time programme, the fee range is from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 15 lakh. The Executive MBA aspirants are often sponsored by their organizations in order to retain their valuable employees. Such students are expected not to participate in the placement process and join their erstwhile organization.
Stay tuned to bschool.careers360.com for more news on Executive MBA.