CAT 2017 Student Reactions

CAT 2017 Student Reactions CAT 2017 Student Reactions - CAT 2017 was conducted on November 26, 2017, for admissions to management programmes of 20 IIMs and over B-schools in India. This year the test was conducted by IIM Lucknow in two sessions- morning and afternoon. Around two lakh test takers are appearing for the exam in 142 cities across India. As many as 2,31,067 candidates have applied for CAT this year. Careers360 projects CAT 2017 students’ reactions right from the test centres.

Admissions Open Now
APPLY Now to NMIMS University for MBA and/or PGDM through NMAT by GMAC.

The first slot of the CAT 2017 exam began at 9 am and ended at 12 noon. Candidates made their entry at the CAT exam centre as early as 7:30 am in the morning. Careers360 interviewed few candidates to understand their preparation level, exam experience, question analysis, the difficulty level of the exam and their overall performance.

CAT Pathfinder
Know your call chances for top B-schools through CAT

Important Links-

CAT 2017 Slot 1 Analysis

CAT 2017 Slot 2 Analysis

Pre-exam CAT 2017 student reactions-

# Dishant: I have prepared for the CAT 2017 through Career Launcher and have prepared a timetable for self-study. I will appear for the IIFT Examination as well.

# Shreya: I have taken coaching from MBA guru and targeting good schools.

# Arsh: I have no clue about how my CAT exams would go but I am focusing on taking admission in one of the reputed B-schools.

# Mohmmad Faizal: I started preparing for CAT since August 2017 and used to study seven to eight hours on a daily basis. I am looking forward to score 95 percentile and I have not taken any external help in the form of coaching.

# Sakim Miraz: I am expecting to score 90 percentile as I have diligently prepared for eight hours each day since last three months without any coaching.

# Abhishek Gupta: I am a B. Tech in Electronics and Communication and appearing for the CAT exams for the first time. I just want to clear the test.

Post-exam reactions-

The CAT 2017 examination got over at 12 PM. Careers360 gets you the reaction of the examinees and their analysis of the CAT test paper.

# Shreya: I appeared for the second time and the paper was quite easy for me. The Quantitative Ability(QA) section was easy and the verbal questions were good; however the worst part, according to me was Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) section.

# Animesh: The overall difficulty level was moderate. Quantitative Ability section was the easiest, similar to Class 10 level. Topics were from Numbers, Progression, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss etc. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning section was the toughest. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension was easy to moderate level. There were around five to six non-MCQs in each section.

# Udeshna Sharma: According to me, DILR was the most difficult section while the Quant section was easy to moderate. Verbal section was the easiest amongst all the three sections.

# Shubham Chauhan: Verbal was the easiest section, DILR was moderate in terms of difficulty but the Quantitative section was the most difficult section for me.

# Abhinav: I found the Verbal section to be quite easy, but both the Quantitative and DILR sections were difficult to answer.

# Piyush: Quantitative section was easy to solve, Verbal section had moderate difficulty level but DILR was the most difficult section amongst all.

# Mohit- I just appeared for the CAT examination and expecting score to be on the higher side. My focus is to get into one of the top seven B- schools.

We will bring to you CAT 2017 student reactions for Slot 2 after 5.30 PM.

CAT 2017 Student Reactions - Slot 2

# Dishant: The exam was of easy to moderate difficulty level. I am hoping to clear the cutoff for top B-schools.

#Harshit: Although the overall difficulty level was moderate, I found the DI & LR section to be very tough. I could attempt very few questions and not even sure about the accuracy level.

#Arjun: This is my second CAT attempt. Comparatively, I found this year's test to be of similar level. DI & LR section was tougher than last year. Quant was easier whereas VARC was easy to moderate level, same as last year.

#Sahil: The exam was tougher beyond my expectation. In each section, there were around 10 questions which appeared to be so tough that I could not even think of attempting. However, I have completed the test by attempting as many questions as I could be sure of. Hoping for the best now.

Also Read:

CAT 2017 Analysis

CAT 2017 Exam Day in Pictures

CAT 2017 conducted on November 26 by IIM Lucknow; Live updates from exam centres

First Published On : 26 Nov 2017 04:05 PM IST

Related Articles

Suggested Reading: CAT|Exam Analysis of CAT

QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

CAT

Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!

• 13753 Joined
  • 3028 Questions
A

Aditya Kapoor 8 hours ago

Aditya Kapoors picture
Aditya KapoorLast Seen: 4 hours 1 min agoJoined on: 19-Aug-2018Education Interest: ManagementEducation Level: Graduate & Above

10th-8.4CGPA, 12th-81% Graduation-70% work ex of 9 months.Should i leave my job to study for cat for 1 year and how much percentile i need ?

Answer (1)

User Pic

yash raj 6 hours ago

yash rajs picture
Yash RajLast Seen: 4 hours 54 min agoJoined on: 18-Apr-2015Education Interest: MBAEducation Level: Graduate & Above

hello aditya kumar

no don't leave your job and as your 9 month work ex won't give you any points or minimum points  continue your preparation and try to score as much as you can

S

sambit kanungo 8 hours ago

sambit kanungos picture
Sambit KanungoLast Seen: 8 hours 3 min agoJoined on: 19-Aug-2018Education Interest: MBAEducation Level: In Graduation

Cat previous year questions with answer

Answer (1)

M

Mahima 8 hours ago

Mahimas picture
MahimaLast Seen: 2 hours 3 min agoJoined on: 11-May-2018Education Interest: LawEducation Level: Graduate & Above
Hey Sambit.You can use the link which is given below for downloading previous year question papers on CAT along with the answer keys.https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/bschool.careers360.com/articles/cat-...Read More
K

Krishna 15 hours ago

Krishnas picture
KrishnaLast Seen: 15 hours 25 min agoJoined on: 06-Jul-2018Education Interest: CompetitionEducation Level: In Graduation

My 3rd yr bsc exam on decmber and results in february? If i clear my cat exam and all rounds am i eligible for getting a seat in iim

Answers (2)

T

Tanushree Seth 12 hours ago

Tanushree Seths picture
Tanushree SethLast Seen: 10 hours 14 min agoJoined on: 25-Oct-2017Education Interest: MBAEducation Level: In Graduation
Hello Krishna , Yes , you will be eligibile . The CAT exam eligibility criteria says that you need to either be a graduate or in the last year of the graduation to be able to get into IIM. And most im...Read More

A
aratrika chowdhurys picture
Aratrika ChowdhuryLast Seen: 9 hours 48 min agoJoined on: 19-Mar-2018Education Interest: Degree ProgrammesEducation Level: Graduate & Above

I am a working cat aspirant . But My last qualification is M.A in Bengali.would this be a reason of profile rejection?

Answer (1)

T

Tanushree Seth 13 hours ago

Tanushree Seths picture
Hello Aratrika , Obviously not . The MBA colleges select candidates from different backgrounds . You could even get some benefit for diversity . But yes , you need to make yourself clear about choosin...Read More
A

ABHINAV PRAKASH 22 hours ago

ABHINAV PRAKASHs picture
ABHINAV PRAKASHLast Seen: 10 hours 51 min agoJoined on: 09-Jan-2016Education Interest: MBAEducation Level: In Graduation

What is the difference between cat xat and iift examination

Answers (2)

T

Tanushree Seth 12 hours ago

Tanushree Seths picture
Hello Abhinav , All the three are different examinations . The admission procedure is different for different colleges . Some accept CAT as their eligibilty criteria , while other accept XAT or IIFT.R...Read More