Your browser does not support iframes.
CAT 2017 application process has begun on August 9, with the release of the online application form of CAT 2017. The last date to fill the form is September 20. Upon successful submission of applications, CAT aspirants will be officially eligible to appear for the exam scheduled on November 26, 2017. MBA aspirants planning to apply for the test must be prepared with the requisite documents and files so that they do not enter any wrong information in the form.
Latest: Know Your Chances, Eligibility & Required Cut-offs for getting Calls from IIMs & other Top MBA Colleges through CAT 2019 - CAT Pathfinder - IIM & Non-IIM MBA Call Predictor
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW
First and foremost, CAT 2017 aspirants have to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Incase aspirants fail to meet the requisite criteria, they will not be allowed to appear for the exam. The CAT eligibility criteria, as declared by the IIMs, is as follows:
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised institute or university with minimum 50 per cent marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA. For reserved category candidates, the required percentage is 45.
Candidates pursuing the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their course and receive the degree by the time of admission. Otherwise, they can submit a certificate issued by the Principal or Registrar of the institute at the time of admission, stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
If you have fulfilled the eligibility criteria, then you are ready to go ahead with the CAT application form. For that, the documents and files that you must keep handy are mentioned below.
Know Your Calling Chances from IIMs & other Top MBA Colleges, Eligibility & Cut-offs
1. Email Address and Mobile Number – In order to register for CAT, you need to enter a properly functional email address and mobile number. You will receive the link to reset your password in your email, and the password will be sent to your mobile number. You can create a new email account exclusively for CAT so that it is completely clutter free and have all communication sent by IIM organised under a single mail account. Make sure you keep checking the mails so as to not miss out any official information from IIMs.
2. Class X Admit Card or Identity Proof – According to the IIMs, the applicant’s name and date of birth should be exactly the same as that mentioned in the Board exam admit card or in Government identity proofs such as Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhaar Card.
3. Mark Sheets – Candidates have to enter in percentage the aggregate and total marks obtained in Class X, Class XII and Bachelor’s or any other professional degree. It is recommended to keep the mark sheets ready to be able to enter the details as accurately as possible.
4. Certificates to upload – Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, NC-OBC and PWD categories have to download their category certificates from the CAT 2017 website, which will be uploaded by IIM Lucknow on August 9. They have to enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan the same as PDF documents.
5. Work Experience Documents – Under the Work Experience section of CAT application form, applicants have to mention their working areas and work experience in months till July 31, 2017. In order to be sure about the number of months you enter, you may keep your professional documents such as appointment letter/s or work experience certificates handy.
6. Photograph and Signature – Applicants have to upload their photograph and signature in the dimensions specified by the CAT conducting body. For the photograph, candidates have to scan a recent passport-sized colour photograph which should be of 35 mm x 45 mm dimension. The dimension for the signature is 80 mm x 35 mm. The photograph should not be more than six months old and should be taken in front of a white background. The file size in both cases should not exceed 80 KB. The photograph and signature should be in .jpg or .jpeg format.
7. Payment Options – Since the application fee can be paid only in online mode, candidates have to keep the payment option ready, from either Net Banking, Credit or Debit Cards. If you plan to pay the fee through Credit or Debit Card, make sure that the card is valid and there is enough credit limit or account balance to pay the fee without any hindrance.
This year, the CAT application fee has been increased to Rs. 1800 for General and NC-OBC category candidates and Rs. 900 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates. CAT 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, November 26, 2017 in two slots. The exam will be conducted in test centres across 140 cities in India. CAT 2017 is the gateway for admission to 20 IIMs and more than 100 B-schools across the country.
The CAT 2017 admit card will be available for download from October 18, 2017, 1 PM onwards. CAT 2017 tutorial will also be available from the same date. The CAT 2017 exam pattern has not changed from last year. It is a computer based test of three hours duration carrying 100 questions from three sections - Verbal and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability.
CAT 2017 Notification Released - Key Features you must know
Stay tuned to bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates on CAT 2017.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.
CAT Sample Paper 2020 - The best way to prepare for CAT exam is by solving sample papers regularl...
CAT Normalization Process 2020 - The normalization process is basically a scoring and equating pr...
CAT 2020 Preparation Strategy - Know about the best CAT preparation strategy, exam pattern and sy...
CAT Result 2020 - If we go with past trends, CAT 2020 Exam Result date is January 5, 2021. IIMs w...
Students who have scored low score in CAT can now get admission in good MBA colleges of Madhya Pr...
see no exam is easier to crack if you dont have enough of preparation. to become eligible for judiciary exam you must completed an LLB or equivalent degree from an institute that is recognized by the Bar Council of India. and for cat exam eligibility criteria is graduation in any discipline with 50% marks in graduation. cat exam is admission for mba courses in finance, human resource, business analytics and many more stream. now it depends on you , you need to think which of the path you want to go, see in both of the ways you can earn a handsome salary, but you need to really dedicated and hard working for that.
hope you may understand.
Yes, there are many mba colleges through mat/cat those offers scholarships.
Visit this link for more details:
I hope this helps.
Yes, you can. You'll be benefiting from the diversity factor which is just because you are from Biology background in your undergraduation. Though you class 10th and 12th marks are below average but no problem the more you score in CAT the more will it help you in getting a call from a good IIM/B-school. Please prepare for CAT wholeheartedly and give your best shot to CAT. With a composite score percentile in CAT of around 95-98 you can definitely get a call from the CAP IIMs and maybe the old IIMs too.
Though there are many other factors which judge if you will get a call from top B-school or not like your work-ex, extracurriculars etc.
You can reach out to us for more help,
With your profile you might not be able to get any top IIM or baby IIMs. You can expect a call in the baby IIMs like Amritsar, etc @99+ but converting the call will be very difficult.
Moreover, if you are an engineer, you might not get that as well. I suggest you should focus on other exams like IIFT which are the Institute of Foreign Trade and are very good colleges have campus in Delhi and Kolkata. They did not give any weightage to past academic performance and give call only on the basis of exam performance and admission on the performance in interview.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
Your CAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile