CAT 2017 application process has begun on August 9, with the release of the online application form of CAT 2017. The last date to fill the form is September 20. Upon successful submission of applications, CAT aspirants will be officially eligible to appear for the exam scheduled on November 26, 2017. MBA aspirants planning to apply for the test must be prepared with the requisite documents and files so that they do not enter any wrong information in the form.
First and foremost, CAT 2017 aspirants have to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Incase aspirants fail to meet the requisite criteria, they will not be allowed to appear for the exam. The CAT eligibility criteria, as declared by the IIMs, is as follows:
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised institute or university with minimum 50 per cent marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA. For reserved category candidates, the required percentage is 45.
Candidates pursuing the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their course and receive the degree by the time of admission. Otherwise, they can submit a certificate issued by the Principal or Registrar of the institute at the time of admission, stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
If you have fulfilled the eligibility criteria, then you are ready to go ahead with the CAT application form. For that, the documents and files that you must keep handy are mentioned below.
1. Email Address and Mobile Number – In order to register for CAT, you need to enter a properly functional email address and mobile number. You will receive the link to reset your password in your email, and the password will be sent to your mobile number. You can create a new email account exclusively for CAT so that it is completely clutter free and have all communication sent by IIM organised under a single mail account. Make sure you keep checking the mails so as to not miss out any official information from IIMs.
2. Class X Admit Card or Identity Proof – According to the IIMs, the applicant’s name and date of birth should be exactly the same as that mentioned in the Board exam admit card or in Government identity proofs such as Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhaar Card.
3. Mark Sheets – Candidates have to enter in percentage the aggregate and total marks obtained in Class X, Class XII and Bachelor’s or any other professional degree. It is recommended to keep the mark sheets ready to be able to enter the details as accurately as possible.
4. Certificates to upload – Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, NC-OBC and PWD categories have to download their category certificates from the CAT 2017 website, which will be uploaded by IIM Lucknow on August 9. They have to enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan the same as PDF documents.
5. Work Experience Documents – Under the Work Experience section of CAT application form, applicants have to mention their working areas and work experience in months till July 31, 2017. In order to be sure about the number of months you enter, you may keep your professional documents such as appointment letter/s or work experience certificates handy.
6. Photograph and Signature – Applicants have to upload their photograph and signature in the dimensions specified by the CAT conducting body. For the photograph, candidates have to scan a recent passport-sized colour photograph which should be of 35 mm x 45 mm dimension. The dimension for the signature is 80 mm x 35 mm. The photograph should not be more than six months old and should be taken in front of a white background. The file size in both cases should not exceed 80 KB. The photograph and signature should be in .jpg or .jpeg format.
7. Payment Options – Since the application fee can be paid only in online mode, candidates have to keep the payment option ready, from either Net Banking, Credit or Debit Cards. If you plan to pay the fee through Credit or Debit Card, make sure that the card is valid and there is enough credit limit or account balance to pay the fee without any hindrance.
This year, the CAT application fee has been increased to Rs. 1800 for General and NC-OBC category candidates and Rs. 900 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates. CAT 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, November 26, 2017 in two slots. The exam will be conducted in test centres across 140 cities in India. CAT 2017 is the gateway for admission to 20 IIMs and more than 100 B-schools across the country.
The CAT 2017 admit card will be available for download from October 18, 2017, 1 PM onwards. CAT 2017 tutorial will also be available from the same date. The CAT 2017 exam pattern has not changed from last year. It is a computer based test of three hours duration carrying 100 questions from three sections - Verbal and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability.
Stay tuned to bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates on CAT 2017.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.