BIMTECH Chairperson Chanchal Kushwaha says, “Institute works towards creating ethical leaders”
BIMTECH chairperson Centre for Admissions and Assistant Professor of Information Technology Chanchal Kushwaha in an exclusive interaction with Careers360 talks about the vision of the institute and how it has been relentlessly working towards creating ethical leaders who have entrepreneurial and global mindset. Situated in Greater Noida, the sprawling campus has all the latest facilities and the institute took all possible steps to combat COVID 19. The BIMTECH application form is available in online mode and Chanchal Kushwaha in this interview talks at length about the admission and the selection process. Also Chanchal Kushwaha shares about the placement statistics, salary offered and the companies which came for recruitment. Read the full interview of Chanchal Kushwaha where he talks about the admission and the selection process, the vision and the mission of the institute, placements and the salary offered to the candidates.
Latest: Click here to fill the BIMTECH application form
Careers360 - Tell us something about the institute; when it was set up, vision and mission
Chanchal Kushwaha - The Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) was established in 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture. Late Basant Kumar Birla, Ex-Chairperson of the BK Birla Group of Companies and Late Sarala Birla, were the founders of BIMTECH. The Institute is governed by an eminent Board of Governors mostly drawn from the top echelons of industry. The Institute is supported by the BK Birla Group and Aditya Birla Group of Companies.
Developing ethical leaders with entrepreneurial and global mindset striving for sustainability and inclusive growth.
To be preferred choice for students, faculty and recruiters.
To create and disseminate knowledge in global context.
To imbibe entrepreneurial culture through curriculum, pedagogy, research and mentoring.
To equip students for global business leadership.
To develop faculty as global thought leaders.
To ingrain ethics, sustainability and inclusive growth in all its activities.
Careers360 - Tell us something about the admission process
Chanchal Kushwaha - BIMTECH Greater Noida admission application is an online process. The candidates who appear in CAT, XAT, GMAT and CMAT can apply for the flagship PGDM and PGDM (IB) programme. Apart from CAT, XAT, GMAT and CMAT, the scores of the MAT exam are also accepted for other specialized PGDM (IBM) and PGDM (RM) programmes. The online application form is made available at BIMTECH Website. MBA aspirants, apart from appearing in above exams have to apply to BIMTECH to seek admission for PGDM programme.
Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend the admission (PI/WAT) process which is conducted in two phases, one in the month of December which is called as profile based round and another in February. Admission merit list is announced in March every year and accordingly candidates submit the first instalment of tuition fee.
Careers360 - What kind of infrastructure can students expect at the institute? Please elaborate.
Chanchal Kushwaha - A self-contained compact campus that BIMTECH offers, only enhances the learning opportunities and experiences. The BIMTECH campus fosters a close-knit family of faculty members, students and the staff who stay on campus. A family which lives, learns, enjoys and grows together.
BIMTECH is located on a composite, fully air-conditioned, Wi-Fi enabled, residential green campus with state-of-the-art infrastructure, strategically located in the National Capital Region (Greater Noida which is also a hub of major recruiting companies), a few kilometres from the capital of India, Delhi (NCR). The campus environment is highly conducive to academic learning.
Campus provides all activities that fulfil the daily requirements of the students. The unique and differentiating part of these activities is the cycling club. There is a good no. of cycles available in the campus for the students to keep them fit. Apart from this, there is an in-house Bakery for providing fresh bread, cookies, muffins and birthday cakes; coffee/tea vending machines in hostels; Café Coffee Day Outlet in Academic Block, ultra-modern Gym & sports facility, Cafeteria, laundry services amongst other things. Moreover, there is a campus ambulance available on the campus 24x7 along with round the clock campus security.
Whole campus has been made compliant to the COVID-19 guidelines by creating several kinds of facilities, infrastructure and is well prepared to combat it.
Careers360 - Industry interaction is being stressed by the AICTE as well as companies that recruit. What are the steps being taken by the institute in this direction?
Chanchal Kushwaha - BIMTECH has developed several platforms through which the need for Industry interaction is addressed. Live projects, visiting lectures by industry experts for articulating the application of theory, CXO talks and panel discussion on contemporary issues, HR conclave, skill oriented workshops by industry people and short term and summer internship projects to list them. Many existing as well as potential recruiters are clubbed for such activities on a continuous basis.
Careers360 - Internships are now mandatory as per AICTE guidelines. Does the institute help students with this? If yes, how?
Chanchal Kushwaha - Yes, it is considered as an important way to orient the students with industry practice, also a way to make them learn the application of domain knowledge. On job training (OJTs), Live projects, Short term projects and summer internship programs are the various modes of providing internship to students for continuous honing of their skills and improving the industry relevant skills.
Careers360 - Can you please share details if there is any collaboration with universities abroad?
Chanchal Kushwaha - BIMTECH has tie-ups with 64 foreign B-Schools and Universities, International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)-Canada, Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)-UK, Life Office Management Association (LOMA) – USA.
Careers360 - Please share placement statistics with information on the average package, highest and lowest package, number of students placed and details of companies that have recruited.
Chanchal Kushwaha - The Final Placements for the Batch 2018-20 has once again asserted the faith and confidence of the industry in the students of Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida. BIMTECH is happy to announce the successful closure of placements for its batch 2018-20 with 96.59% placements.
BIMTECH saw 117 companies participating in the placement process, rolling out over 397 Offers to 411 participants from the batch 2018-20 in various domains such as Consulting, Finance, General Management, Retail, Human Resources & Operations, Insurance, IT & Analytics, and Sales & Marketing.
Despite being a challenging year BIMTECH achieved good placement offers with a noteworthy growth on all qualitative and quantitative aspects with a good number of quality profiles being offered by prestigious recruiters. Apart from regular recruiters, 30% first time recruiters were gracefully hosted from diverse sectors, bringing new course to the placements process.
A total of 117 companies participated in the placement process, with over 30 first-time recruiters who offered roles across domains
Highest Compensation was Rs 23.00 lakhs per annum (International) and Rs 18.00 lakhs per annum (Domestic)
Average compensation offered for the batch 2018-20 was Rs 8.13 lakhs per annum (CTC) and the corresponding median salary was Rs 7.93 lakhs per annum
BFSI and IT/ ITES have been the largest recruiting sector this year
Placements have seen a boost due to the splendid performance of students at summer internships leading to pre-placement offers (PPOs) as well as alumni involvement.
Amazon, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Gartner Inc., Grant Thornton, Accenture, Infosys Ltd., KPMG, Wipro, SBI Card, Schneider Electric Ltd, Star Union Dai-chi (SUD) Life Insurance Ltd., Panasonic India Ltd., HDFC Ltd, Federal Bank, Swiss Re, Mazars Advisory LLP, Zee Entertainment Enterprises, Bajaj Finance Ltd., JK Group, IDFC First Bank, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd., Marsh India Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd., Bata India Ltd, Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd, More Retail, Ninjacart , Gati-Kintetsu Express Pvt Ltd, OPPO Mobile, Orient Electric, Byju’s, Vedantu, etc.
BIMTECH Noida Updates and Articles
BIMTECH Alumni Interview - BIMTECH Alumni Harveen Bedi shares ...
BIMTECH PGDM Admission 2021 - Fill the application form here, ...
BIMTECH Alumni Interview Vikas Kapur - Check BIMTECH alumni, V...
BIMTECH Placements 2020: Check BIMTECH placements 2018-20, hig...
Questions related to BIMTECH Noida
Which College should I prefer amongst Christ Bangalore, Nirma Ahmedabad, Bimtech Noida, Welingkar Mumbai, Amrita Coimbatore, IFMR Chennai for MBA?
In order to make an informed decision about which college to choose for your final joining, you must analyse various parameters of a B-School to decide the one which matches with your final goals. At the end of your MBA, your goal could be entrepreneurship, higher education, job opportunities, greater exposure, increased market value or something very different. Basis the end result, please choose the college wisely.
For higher education, you should choose a college with good faculty and academic exposure, for career opportunities - choose a college with good placement records, for exposure and networking - choose a one with greater alumni base and so on.
For the colleges mentioned, I am highlighting the key parameters and the differences between the colleges. Accordingly, please review and make a choice:
Christ University Bangalore
- Course: MBA two year full time program offering PG Degree
- Fees: INR 7.9 Lakhs approx.
- Infrastructure: The infrastructure of the college is very nice and it gives a candidate the exposure to campus life. They have good facilities for library, laboratories, study centers etc. for holding discussions and learning from peers. They also offer in campus hostel facilities with different buildings for male and female.
- Faculty & Academics: The curriculum is very robust and helps in peer learning. The teaching pedagogy involves class room discussions on the case studies allotted and the faculty are well experienced and trained. A lot of faculty even have great industry exposure. The teaching methodology makes the candidate ready for professional life.
- Placements: It offers good placement to students in good companies. The average package is 7LPA while the highest is 13.12LPA. The top recruiters are Deloitte, EY, KPMG, TCS, Goldman Sachs, Cerner, Deutsche Bank, Amazon.
- Specialisations Offered: The college offer specialisations in Finance, operations, HR, strategy, marketing and Business Analytics along with a General MBA program
- Accreditations: NAAC 'A' Grade
- Recognitions: AICTE approved
The infrastructure, faculty, academics and specialisations are similar to Christ in other B-Schools also. In the other institutes i will only highlight points of differences
- Course: MBA two year full time program and MBA HRM
- Fees: INR 10 Lakhs approx.
- Scholarships: Merit and Merit cum means scholarships available
- Faculty & Academics: The core faculty are all Ph.D holders with very high level of experience and exposure in the industry.
- Placements: The average package is 8.70 LPA while the highest is 19.1 LPA. The top recruiters are Axis Bank, Infosys, Cognizant, Wipro, ADANI, ICIC Bank, Novartis, Coffee Day, Crisil, Hitachi, HDFC Life, Zomato and many more.
- Specialisations Offered: The college offer specialisations in General MBA and HR. The student can choose from a host of electives.
- Accreditations: NAAC 'A' Grade
- Entrepreneurship: A lot of alumni have successfully started companies and are running well like Winjit Solutions, x-plora designs, Odd Routes etc. Hence this is a good place if you want to build your network too.
- Notable Alumni: EVP& Business Head of Kotak Mahindra Bank, CRO in Radio Mirchi, VP Corporate Broking & SME - ICICI Lombard etc.
- 13 th among Private MBA colleges in India by Outlook in 2020
- 2 nd best college in Gujarat in 2020 by Times
- 2 nd among best colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by NIRF
- 3 rd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by The Week
- 3 rd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by ET Times
- 3 rd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by Business Today
- 2 nd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2017 by Business Today
Bimtech Noida :
- Course: PGDM, PGDM International Business, PGDM IBM, PGDM Retail
- Fees: INR 9-14 Lakhs approx.
- Placements: The average package is 8.08 LPA while the highest is 18 LPA. The top recruiters are Amazon, Mindtree, ADP Inc., Wipro Technologies, Infosys, KPMG, Mazars, Oxane Partner, CGI Inc., IDFC First Bank, Acuity Knowledge Partners, ICICI Bank, TCS, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Wipro Digital, Wipro Consumer Care and Lightings, HDFC Bank, Panasonic, Exponential, ABFRL, Go Digit, Coforge, , HDFC Ltd., Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, SBI General Insurance Co., Ultra Tech Cement Ltd., Cians Analytics, Hevo Data, Howden India, ICRA Ltd., HCL Technologies Ltd., Reliance Retail, Total IT Global, ISGEC Heavy Engineering, Tech Mahindra and many more among others.
- Accreditations: NAAC 'A' Grade and NBA
- Notable Alumni: Co-Founder Purple Sketch Digital, Director Zeco Aircon, Deputy Manager Honda Cars etc.
- 6th among Private B Schools by NHRDN-Shine.com (//NHRDN-Shine.com)
- 10th among private B Schools by MBA Universe.com (//Universe.com)
- 47th MHRD's NIRF rankings
- Course: PGDM
- Fees: INR 11-15 Lakhs approx.
- Placements: The average package is 11 LPA while the highest is 22 LPA. The top recruiters are Bloomberg, Deloitte, EY, Citibank, CRISIL, ICIC Bank, HCL etc.
- Course: MBA
- Fees: INR 13 Lakhs approx.
- Placements: The average package is 5.37 LPA while the highest is 28.4 LPA. The top recruiters are Axis BAnk, Aditya Birla, Bajaj Capital, BNP PAribas, Birla sun Life, Citibank, Colgate Palmolive, Future Group etc.
Which is better: PGDM from BIMTECH Or MBA from Bharti Vidyapeeth ?
I'll recommend you to go for PGDM from Birla Institute of Management over Bharti Vidyapeeth. The average package at Bharti Vidyapeeth to MBA students is 6.80 lakhs whereas BIMTECH offers a average placement of 8.80 lakhs and highest goes to 20 lakhs and above. BIMTECH offers you better opportunities and future scope. If you get core PGDM courses in BIMTECH then you should choose BIMTECH.
Which among these is best for MBA! BML MUNJAL, BIMTECH, BENNETT ?
As far as MBA is concerned i believe you should prefer BIMTECH over others. BIMTECH has excellent infrastructure, faculty and a strong emoloyer outlook. Being located near IT, Technology and Finance Hubs of Delhi NCR, provides strong scope and impetus to training and placement facilities.
For more information about BIMTECH do follow the link below
which is better for mba iim dhanbad core mba or bimtech noida pgdm core
There isn't any institution with the name 'IIM Dhanbad'.
BIMTECH Noida is definitely a good choice to go for PGDM. It is a top tier-2 B-school of india located at Greater Noida. Placements : Placements of BIMTECH are very good. Average package is 7.5 lacs around here whereas the highest package goes as high as 15 lacs for marketing. ... Infrastructure : Infrastructure of BIMTECH is very good and the campus area is very large.
Hope it helps :)
Should I go for Bimtech Noida this year only or instead drop a year and prepare for GMAT to get into a better management college next year?
bimtech noida has excellent infrastructure , experienced faculty and well placement record, Almost around 95% people got placed for as for the record of previous year. The highest package offered is 11Lpa and average package is 7L. Top recruiting companies are TCS, Accenture, HDFC, infosys, kpmg. Internships are also available where companies offer summer internships to everyone. if you are satisfied with this you should go for it.