BIMTECH Alumni Harveen Bedi says, “Utilize all available facilities to the fullest”
Harveen Bedi, alumni of Birla Institute of Management and Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida is a leading career coach who is the founder of answerwhatnext.com. He completed his PG Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) from BIMTECH in 1995. In an interview with Careers360, Harveen Bedi shares how much role BIMTECH has played in shaping his life. He shares messages to students to make full use of all the facilities available and create lifelong memories. Let us read Harveen Bedi’s detailed interview in which he shares his overall experience at BIMTECH in Greater Noida and offers tips to future MBA students.
Careers360: Tell us something about yourself, your education, current career, etc.
Harveen Bedi: I am Harveen Bedi, a leading career coach, founder of answerwhatnext.com with over 25 years of experience, started my career at Nestle and then moved to Naukri.com where I was last the Executive Vice president of their recruitment businesses Quadrangle and Naukri e-Hire.
Careers360: You are alumni of (program with batch). When did you complete your course here?
Harveen Bedi: PGDBM - 1993-95 (First full-time batch)
Careers360: What was your first impression when you joined the institute?
Harveen Bedi: I was quite anxious (as ours was the first full-time batch) on how the institute will come up as that would be critical in shaping my career in the future.
The infrastructure was just being developed and our first classes started in the basement of the Principal of Birla Vidya Niketan’s house
Careers360: Give us a few insights about your education at the institute; what you found memorable during your study here.
Harveen Bedi: Progressive is one word that comes to my mind when I think of my days at the institute, we could see improvement in infrastructure and environment during my time as well as every year post our passing out, the management has been constantly thinking of how to make BIMTECH stand out amongst the best and am delighted at the way it has come up especially under Dr Chaturvedi and his team
Of course the memories we make with our friends and the bonds created with them last a lifetime. From organizing our first Industrial trip to participating infests of other colleges were amongst the best of the times
Careers360: How did you keep updated with the industrial requirements and what was the role of the institute in it?
Harveen Bedi: We had Industry leaders come up as guest faculty as well as invited for talks on the new emerging trends during our time. Though it was just at a very nascent stage but gave us insights into what was happening in some leading industries.
Careers360: Do you have anything to say or suggest to the current students about your experience which could be beneficial for their academics and career.
Harveen Bedi: You are not only joining one of the most progressive institutes but a global family of alumni, faculty, and students who go an extra step for their BIMTECH fraternity.
Utilize all available facilities to the fullest and enjoy making memories that will last a lifetime.
BIMTECH Noida Updates and Articles
BIMTECH PGDM Admission 2021 - Fill the application form here, ...
BIMTECH Alumni Interview Vikas Kapur - Check BIMTECH alumni, V...
BIMTECH Chairperson Interview - Chanchal Kushwaha says, “Insti...
BIMTECH Placements 2020: Check BIMTECH placements 2018-20, hig...
Questions related to BIMTECH Noida
Which College should I prefer amongst Christ Bangalore, Nirma Ahmedabad, Bimtech Noida, Welingkar Mumbai, Amrita Coimbatore, IFMR Chennai for MBA?
In order to make an informed decision about which college to choose for your final joining, you must analyse various parameters of a B-School to decide the one which matches with your final goals. At the end of your MBA, your goal could be entrepreneurship, higher education, job opportunities, greater exposure, increased market value or something very different. Basis the end result, please choose the college wisely.
For higher education, you should choose a college with good faculty and academic exposure, for career opportunities - choose a college with good placement records, for exposure and networking - choose a one with greater alumni base and so on.
For the colleges mentioned, I am highlighting the key parameters and the differences between the colleges. Accordingly, please review and make a choice:
Christ University Bangalore
- Course: MBA two year full time program offering PG Degree
- Fees: INR 7.9 Lakhs approx.
- Infrastructure: The infrastructure of the college is very nice and it gives a candidate the exposure to campus life. They have good facilities for library, laboratories, study centers etc. for holding discussions and learning from peers. They also offer in campus hostel facilities with different buildings for male and female.
- Faculty & Academics: The curriculum is very robust and helps in peer learning. The teaching pedagogy involves class room discussions on the case studies allotted and the faculty are well experienced and trained. A lot of faculty even have great industry exposure. The teaching methodology makes the candidate ready for professional life.
- Placements: It offers good placement to students in good companies. The average package is 7LPA while the highest is 13.12LPA. The top recruiters are Deloitte, EY, KPMG, TCS, Goldman Sachs, Cerner, Deutsche Bank, Amazon.
- Specialisations Offered: The college offer specialisations in Finance, operations, HR, strategy, marketing and Business Analytics along with a General MBA program
- Accreditations: NAAC 'A' Grade
- Recognitions: AICTE approved
The infrastructure, faculty, academics and specialisations are similar to Christ in other B-Schools also. In the other institutes i will only highlight points of differences
- Course: MBA two year full time program and MBA HRM
- Fees: INR 10 Lakhs approx.
- Scholarships: Merit and Merit cum means scholarships available
- Faculty & Academics: The core faculty are all Ph.D holders with very high level of experience and exposure in the industry.
- Placements: The average package is 8.70 LPA while the highest is 19.1 LPA. The top recruiters are Axis Bank, Infosys, Cognizant, Wipro, ADANI, ICIC Bank, Novartis, Coffee Day, Crisil, Hitachi, HDFC Life, Zomato and many more.
- Specialisations Offered: The college offer specialisations in General MBA and HR. The student can choose from a host of electives.
- Accreditations: NAAC 'A' Grade
- Entrepreneurship: A lot of alumni have successfully started companies and are running well like Winjit Solutions, x-plora designs, Odd Routes etc. Hence this is a good place if you want to build your network too.
- Notable Alumni: EVP& Business Head of Kotak Mahindra Bank, CRO in Radio Mirchi, VP Corporate Broking & SME - ICICI Lombard etc.
- 13 th among Private MBA colleges in India by Outlook in 2020
- 2 nd best college in Gujarat in 2020 by Times
- 2 nd among best colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by NIRF
- 3 rd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by The Week
- 3 rd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by ET Times
- 3 rd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2019 by Business Today
- 2 nd best among colleges in Gujarat in 2017 by Business Today
Bimtech Noida :
- Course: PGDM, PGDM International Business, PGDM IBM, PGDM Retail
- Fees: INR 9-14 Lakhs approx.
- Placements: The average package is 8.08 LPA while the highest is 18 LPA. The top recruiters are Amazon, Mindtree, ADP Inc., Wipro Technologies, Infosys, KPMG, Mazars, Oxane Partner, CGI Inc., IDFC First Bank, Acuity Knowledge Partners, ICICI Bank, TCS, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Wipro Digital, Wipro Consumer Care and Lightings, HDFC Bank, Panasonic, Exponential, ABFRL, Go Digit, Coforge, , HDFC Ltd., Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, SBI General Insurance Co., Ultra Tech Cement Ltd., Cians Analytics, Hevo Data, Howden India, ICRA Ltd., HCL Technologies Ltd., Reliance Retail, Total IT Global, ISGEC Heavy Engineering, Tech Mahindra and many more among others.
- Accreditations: NAAC 'A' Grade and NBA
- Notable Alumni: Co-Founder Purple Sketch Digital, Director Zeco Aircon, Deputy Manager Honda Cars etc.
- 6th among Private B Schools by NHRDN-Shine.com (//NHRDN-Shine.com)
- 10th among private B Schools by MBA Universe.com (//Universe.com)
- 47th MHRD's NIRF rankings
- Course: PGDM
- Fees: INR 11-15 Lakhs approx.
- Placements: The average package is 11 LPA while the highest is 22 LPA. The top recruiters are Bloomberg, Deloitte, EY, Citibank, CRISIL, ICIC Bank, HCL etc.
- Course: MBA
- Fees: INR 13 Lakhs approx.
- Placements: The average package is 5.37 LPA while the highest is 28.4 LPA. The top recruiters are Axis BAnk, Aditya Birla, Bajaj Capital, BNP PAribas, Birla sun Life, Citibank, Colgate Palmolive, Future Group etc.
Which is better: PGDM from BIMTECH Or MBA from Bharti Vidyapeeth ?
I'll recommend you to go for PGDM from Birla Institute of Management over Bharti Vidyapeeth. The average package at Bharti Vidyapeeth to MBA students is 6.80 lakhs whereas BIMTECH offers a average placement of 8.80 lakhs and highest goes to 20 lakhs and above. BIMTECH offers you better opportunities and future scope. If you get core PGDM courses in BIMTECH then you should choose BIMTECH.
Which among these is best for MBA! BML MUNJAL, BIMTECH, BENNETT ?
As far as MBA is concerned i believe you should prefer BIMTECH over others. BIMTECH has excellent infrastructure, faculty and a strong emoloyer outlook. Being located near IT, Technology and Finance Hubs of Delhi NCR, provides strong scope and impetus to training and placement facilities.
For more information about BIMTECH do follow the link below
which is better for mba iim dhanbad core mba or bimtech noida pgdm core
There isn't any institution with the name 'IIM Dhanbad'.
BIMTECH Noida is definitely a good choice to go for PGDM. It is a top tier-2 B-school of india located at Greater Noida. Placements : Placements of BIMTECH are very good. Average package is 7.5 lacs around here whereas the highest package goes as high as 15 lacs for marketing. ... Infrastructure : Infrastructure of BIMTECH is very good and the campus area is very large.
Hope it helps :)
Should I go for Bimtech Noida this year only or instead drop a year and prepare for GMAT to get into a better management college next year?
bimtech noida has excellent infrastructure , experienced faculty and well placement record, Almost around 95% people got placed for as for the record of previous year. The highest package offered is 11Lpa and average package is 7L. Top recruiting companies are TCS, Accenture, HDFC, infosys, kpmg. Internships are also available where companies offer summer internships to everyone. if you are satisfied with this you should go for it.