5 Ways to Effective Management Education, tells Dr Prabhat, Director, Jaipuria Institute of Management
Choosing a B-school often a tedious task for a management aspirant especially when s/he is a fresher and don’t know much about the process. First, a candidate has to qualify the entrance exam and then, after struggling through several rounds of selection, s/he needs to face this big question - how to choose the right B-school? A lot of other questions such as CAT or MAT, IIM or non-IIM, PGDM or MBA are just a few of several dilemmas a fresh management aspirant needs to face. Management education is not just about book-based study program and world-class infrastructure but it is more about where it would lead to in terms of life, career and their own wellbeing. In this article, Dr Prabhat Pankaj, Director, Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur, summarises five ways to effective management education.
1. Broader canvas of elective choices: New and upcoming areas must be tapped and offered as elective choices. Jaipuria Institute of Management as a progressive understands that and keeps on expanding the elective choices for its students. For example, digital transformation is impacting economy and society not only in terms of scale, scope and speed but also started impacting the wellbeing of people. The curriculum on digital business must deal with both its operation as well as impact. A holistic approach to the elective offering can make management education really effective.
2. Modes of offering courses must make students feel being part of it: Jaipuria Institute of Management recently experimented with a workshop based model for Design Thinking. Students were engaged in an experiential form of teaching-learning session where they learnt about Design Thinking by practising through real-time projects in a workshop. The experiment was highly appreciated and approved by students indicating an uptick in their understanding of the course. One needs to really question frequently- are we merely teaching in the classroom or are we open to innovative alternative ways of delivery? Workshop and seminar based courses are always great alternatives. Continuous innovation in teaching method and nurturing a mindset in favour of blended learning (often a blend of off-line and on-line) can enhance effectiveness in a big way.
3. Learning often happens outside the classroom and can change the life of a student significantly: A B-school with a conscious plan for capturing the learning beyond classroom can enhance the effectiveness in a lot of ways. Researches suggest that our generation of students learn 60-70 per cent from outside the classroom. A great blend of a discussion forum, cafeteria talk, evening peer sessions, field study, on-the-job engagement, an extended internship can maximize learning effectiveness. The best part about outside classroom engagement is that learner feels highly engaged and self-driven. The job of an institution is to create such learning opportunities and make them both credit and non-credit driven.
4. Do not miss out on the global stage: A business education sans global relevance is not a business education at all. Today, managers are expected to make big decisions for bigger purposes. Unless they understand global norms, global practices, and global policies they are bound to be ruled out for the nex-big promotion. Plus, “life in a suitcase” is almost the norm of the day for successful Management professionals. It is important to be able to cope up in the international stage. Jaipuria Institute of Management has international student exchange programmes with top schools and universities across the world including Carelton University (Canada), Eastern Mennonite University (USA), Rennes School of Business (France), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA), to name a few.
5. Industry integrated programs for value add: It is not very uncommon to find an MBA/ PGDM graduate today. However, what is uncommon and absolute dear to a recruiter is- the value add that the Management grad brings to the organization. Your PGDM/ MBA curriculum today got to have relevant certifications and value-add courses attached to it. Jaipuria Institute of Management offers Industry integrated programs in collaboration with KPMG, IBM and BSE helping students stay ahead of their peers and ace the game in their respective industries.
It can be reiterated that teaching-learning is a soul-to-soul communication and teacher and learner need to be in great sync to achieve the effectiveness of the outcome. Adding to that is the relevance of what you are teaching and how!
In a B-school, the process of learning must translate into the effective outcome, impacting life and wellbeing of the learner. A B-school should urge its student to question, analyse, the question again and then settle for an answer.
Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur Updates and Articles
Dr.Prabhat Pankaj, Director of Jaipuria Institute of Managemen...
Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur has announced the adm...
Understanding Student Teacher Relationship workshop conducted ...
Questions related to Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur
jaipuria college in lucknow will be good or step HBTI kanpur will be good ??
Dear aspirant, HBTI is a state government organisation. Compared to Jaipuria college the placement records & fee structure of HBTI is far better. Also the courses versatility is also high. It simply depends for what degree you want to go for. You can check the details of Jaipuria on the website https://www.jaipuria.ac.in/campuses/jaipuria-lucknow/
And for hbti you can check on https://hbtu.ac.in/
Compare the results and go ahead accordingly.
Does jaipuria institute of management Noida provide MBA program?
Hope you are doing well. As per your query yes Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida provides MBA course and is ranked 63rd and the programmes offered are in the streams of Business and Management. Please click on the link below for more information and updates. Hope you find this helpful.
which Is the better option for b.com (H) St. Xaviers Ranchi or Seth Amardom Jaipuria College, Kolkata
st. Xavier ‘s mumbai is definately a better college to study than st. Xavier’s ranchi. The college has excellent facilities and infrastructure and the faculty is also very good. The only problem is that admission in this college is quote difficult as most of the seats are reserved for christians. But if get into it You should surely not leave it.
All the best
which is better for PGDM jaipuria or PIBM
pibm is quite better than PGDM jaipuria in terms of placement, acadamics, industrial visit etc. but NIRF ranking of PGDM is quite good than pibm, in terms of all facilities like infrastructure and basically goes for placement you should prefer pibm, the placement is not too much high but you can expect more than PGDM jaipuria.
Best of luck.
Is it worthful to go for Jaipuria institute noida campus for pgdm general ??
JIM Noida has been accredited by NBA, approved by AICTE and recognised by AIU. All three are recognitions which are important for an institute to achieve. There are 3 streams- PGDM General, PGDM Services Management and PGDM Marketing and all of them are AIU recognised.
Faculty is highly involved with the growth of the students. Mostly, all of them are pretty cool as a Professor; you'll get to learn from them and never get bored.
Girls hostel is in the campus, whereas boys hostel is off the campus. Mess facility is good because you can have as many times as you want.
There is a Hostel committee who looks after the foof choices of the students.
JIM offers a very good placement scene as compared to other management institutes in the nearby area. Average package can differ from year to year, but roughly it is around 5 lakhs per annum. Highest package depends on your calibre. Top recruiters are ING Bank, KPMG, E&Y, Whirlpool, Midcom,Zomato, Havells, Axis Bank, Copal Amba, Coca Cola, etc.
Hope this will be helpful for you!